Escape of the Master is the second special for the 50th anniversary. To a surprise for some viewers, it did not feature the second Doctor, but the Third. This was due the second and sixth story being cancelled. The second Doctor's story was supposed to be Cybermen Invasion of Minecraftia.
Escape of the Master was set right after 'the Sea Devils'.
- The Third Doctor was voiced by the same person as the Tenth in the Caves of Han, Jack Reeves.
- The Master was this time voiced by creepersayshi1, who also helped to build UNIT HQ and the Church.
- Harry Dunkley reprised his role as the Brigadier, who he last voiced in Mission to the Sun.
- The UNIT HQ building was right behind the Brigadier's house and next to the entrance to the Caves of Han in the world save.
- The UNIT HQ and the Church could be found on the Doctor Who Adventures server. Only the UNIT HQ is still in use currently.
- The story itself is based of the book 'The Eight Doctors'.
Previous Special: Prisoner of the Daleks
Next Special: the Key to Time